I know it’s not exactly in the cultural zeitgeist at the moment, but I found myself thinking about the movie Atonement yesterday. I saw it at the cinema, whenever that was and haven’t rewatched it, so it’s been a while. To be honest I don’t recall much about it, except I remember the foley work: whenever anybody took a drag on a cigarette it sounded like a fucking raging inferno, as if someone was taking a goddamn flamethrower to your childhood home.
Lykke Li - I’m Good, I’m Gone
Anonymous asked: what about Because of the Times?
Go fuck yourself.
God damn it, I know the general consensus (which I agree with) is that the Kings of Leon are the biggest turd on shit mountain thanks to their latter day efforts, but can we take a moment to appreciate their second album for just a fucking second? Or, at least, can we appreciate my positive associations with it?
Wild Flag - Future Crimes
16. Cleo from 5 to 7 (1962, dir. Agnès Varda)
17. Gravity (2013, dir. Alfonso Cuarón)
18. Saving Mr Banks (2013, dir. John Lee Hancock)
19. 3:10 to Yuma (2007, dir. James Mangold)
20. Lone Survivor (2013, dir. Peter Berg)
21. Goon (2011, dir. Michael Dowse)
22. Throne of Blood (1957, dir. Akira Kurosawa)
23. Cracks (2009, dir. Jordan Scott)
24. The Hunt (2012, dir. Thomas Vinterberg)
25. Merci pour le chocolat (2000, dir. Claude Chabrol)
26. Seven Days in May (1964, dir. John Frankenheimer)
27. The Naked Gun (1988, dir. David Zucker)
28. A Fistful of Dollars (1964, dir. Sergio Leone)
29. Super Troopers (2001, dir. Jay Chandrasekhar)
30. Manhunter (1986, dir. Michael Mann)
Anonymous asked: I met you at a party in Wellington. You dated my cousin.